For those who want Carlos Lee....

Sports Guy

The Brewers would love to sign outfielder Carlos Lee to a multiyear contract. But Lee is said to be seeking something at least as big as the four-year, $52 million contracts the Yankees gave Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui last winter, possibly for more years. Lee also is intrigued by the idea of hitting the free-agent market, so he may not want to do a deal in-season.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/graziano/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/114758601088260.xml&coll=1&thispage=3#continue

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already frustrated at the next offseason. I can sum it up already.

-the O's will go into it with tons of obvious needs

-there will be players on the free agent market that would improve our team

-none of these FA players will be worth the contracts that they'll get.

-nobody here, save for a ridiculed few, will be advocating giving them the contracts

-we scrape the bottom of the barrel again (except for Ramon, he's money)

-people actually feel confident and pleased with the team for not spending on improvements (we can laugh at the other teams, right?)

-we stay below .500

-repeat the above in '08

I'm already frustrated at the next offseason. I can sum it up already.

-the O's will go into it with tons of obvious needs

-there will be players on the free agent market that would improve our team

-none of these FA players will be worth the contracts that they'll get.

-nobody here, save for a ridiculed few, will be advocating giving them the contracts

-we scrape the bottom of the barrel again (except for Ramon, he's money)

-people actually feel confident and pleased with the team for not spending on improvements (we can laugh at the other teams, right?)

-we stay below .500

-repeat the above in '08

It's a never-ending cycle... :(

And there will be people who still insist that te Orioles indeed have a plan and that we must be patient and quit being so negative.

Probably so...and when the O's finally get back to the playoffs, there will be people who still insist the the Orioles indeed don't have a plan and that we must not fall into the trap, and quit being so positive. ;)

I used to be so happy...

You need to snap out of it, dude. Really.

So far, all kinds of crap has gone wrong this year... and the O's are only 3 under .500, with a record better than the Angels and similar to the Braves. If RLo was gonna get shelled, best to do it on a night when Beckett throws a 2-hitter. If he'd gone 7 innings and given up 2 runs, they still woulda lost.

Get the dog and go for a walk around the block. They'll win tomorrow.

Sapper what have you done to me?????

I used to be so happy...

Its not Sapper. I mostly ignore his post these days, but I'm still pretty damn down.

Me and another friend (you reading this Chris?) when talking about the O's yesterday, made a joke about supporting another team. We immediately laughed it off, but even the fact that such disgusting, evil sacrilege left our mouths in the first place makes me want to cry.

This is a very sad state of affairs.

You need to snap out of it, dude. Really.

So far, all kinds of crap has gone wrong this year... and the O's are only 3 under .500, with a record better than the Angels and similar to the Braves. If RLo was gonna get shelled, best to do it on a night when Beckett throws a 2-hitter. If he'd gone 7 innings and given up 2 runs, they still woulda lost.

Get the dog and go for a walk around the block. They'll win tomorrow.

(whispering) ...how did you know I had a dog?...

Seriously though, my views of the team aren't a game-to-game type thing. I was grumpy going into last year, last off-season was a joke for me, and heading into this year I'm just bitter and jaded at every turn. I know the team will be under .500 this year, and I would have said that yesterday after the high following the KC sweep. It's the big picture that's so depressing, not some individual loss. (although I can't stand seeing them roll over like they do to Boston)

I don't care if we go after Carlos Lee or not. I just don't want to hear the term "over spend" when it comes to contracts. Market value is what it is, if someone wants to give Carlos Lee that contract, then that's what he's worth on the market.

I'd prefer not to "over spend" on gas when I fill up the tank. I'd like to pay what it was worth three years ago, but it's not up to me. So I adapt to the market, like everyone else. It's time for the O's to do the same and stop getting the scraps left over.

Archived